Sunday, March 18, 2007

Penny's highlights from Malaysia and Singapore

I was surprised how different Malaysia was to Thailand, which is not that surprising as it is another country!! It was certainly more organised and tidy. One of my highlights was the Chinese New Year celebrations which seemed to go on for much of the time we were there. Starting in Penang and finishing in Kuala Lumpur. Spending time in Penang wandering around the celebrations there is something I won't forget and then spending time with Connie and family in Kuala Lumpur and experiencing the new year with a Chinese family was also so memorable. Kuala Lumpur is a great city and (along with Singapore) one that I would happily live in (but I have no plans to do this!!!!) .

Singapore was an interesting city and I felt it would have been good to have explored it more had we had more time there. It was a bit of a shock the difference in money there, with everything being alot more expensive. The Zoo & Night Safari was definitely a highlight for me, a very nice zoo that seemed to really care for their animals in an interesting and fun environment. The elephant show was fab, they were so clever and had a great rapport with their Mahots (trainers).

Probably the low light was the food, with the food being so lovely in Thailand it was a hard act to follow in Malaysia!! I feel I am now relaxing into the backpacker lifestyle although I am missing my luxuries!!

So there are my highs and lows of the last leg of our SE Asia trip.

Pen x

No comments: