Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hi all,

just a quick one to let you know that we arrived back at Heathrow safe and sound on Monday. I (Linda) then went back to Glos to pick up my car, staying with friends, and therefore was immedately confronted with the turmoil of floods, devastation in many ways and the water going off only 2 hours after I arrived back - and we're a "developed" nation!!

Aside form that the biggest shock was being faced with so many choices of everyday items, and also being reunited with so many possessions, especially clothes. When you've been living out of a rucsac for 6 months with very limited choice, having so much to pick and choose between is pretty overwhelming!

I'm now in North Yorks at my Mum's, being well fed, rested, taking my lovely lurcher Jake for walks and trying to prepare for RAF Cranwell......a WEEK TODAY, yikes! Running, walking, breaking my really uncomfortable boots in, reading, form filling etc is all involved, and some of it at a much lower level than I intended! Hey ho.

Thanks for following our blog, for comments, encouragements and for providing a much needed link with life back home. If I get the chance, I'll add some more Blog comments during my RAF training, but things are going to be pretty hectic and full on, and access to some parts of the internet very limited.

Oh well, at least I get a 2 week break at the end of August when the whole college has a fortnight's shut down........ so that's me off to Egypt for a week with my dive buddy Kim, back to the Hilton at Dahab.......it's a hard life, but somebody has to do it!!

Til next time, blog buddies. Do keep in touch, by e.mail or mobile, or comments here!

Love from Linda xx

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Welcome home! I hope the return isn't too huge a shock to the system, and that the first days and weeks of RAF life are all that you hope (and not more than you bargain for!)
Love and blessings xx